Adds a minimap to your RTS Engine game and enables interactions between the player, game events and the minimap.
- Enable a minimap that makes use of a camera and a UI render texture.
- Enable minimap icons for units, buildings and resources.
- Enable a minimap camera that the player can click on or drag their mouse on to move the camera or move selected units.
- Enable minimap attack warning effects that allow to draw a danger icon on a position where the local player's entities are getting attacked.
- RTS Engine 2022.0.0 or higher
Find it in the Core installation of the RTS Engine or get it from the Minimap Module and import it into your project.
Release Date: 04/27/2022
- RTS Engine 2022.2.0 or higher
- FIX a bug in the MinimapIconManager where an entity's visibility change can trigger an error with spawning a map icon that already exists.
- ADD enabling attack-move for movement commands launched through the minimap (clicking on minimap with the right mouse button when having entities selected).
Release Date: 12/25/2022
- RTS Engine 2022.3.1 or higher
- ADD the EntityMinimapIconHandler component which can be attached to an entity allowing to pick a custom minimap icon as well as manipulate its color's transparency and darkness. The default minimap icon can now be set through the Default Icon field in the MinimapIconManager inspector.